We are conveniently located in the heart of Redwood National Park, Fern Canyon, Prairie Creek State Park, North Coast beaches, and just a few minutes from world-famous Lady Bird Johnson Grove. Here are links to just a few of the nearby popular parks:
- Redwood National and State Parks
- Lost Man Creek — A dedicated World Heritage site, just a short walk from the cabins.
- Trillium Falls — Ford the river from the cabins to the trail, or take a short 5 minute drive to trail.
- Lady Bird Johnson Grove — A magnificent stand of old growth, 10 minutes’ drive.
- Gold Bluffs Beach — 20 minutes drive and site of Fern Canyon.
- Patrick’s Point State Park — A beach and great tide pool walks, 30 minutes away.
- Tall Trees Grove — The Tall Trees Grove is home of the Tall Tree, formerly the worlds tallest.
- Prairie Creek State Park — Home of the famous Atlas Tree. Our favorite area.
There are fun things to do year-round, not only in Orick, but throughout Humboldt County. During the summer there is the Orick Rodeo, a family-friendly rodeo with events for kids! Plus, we have lots of great dining options too.
- Redwoods.info — A comprehensive list of events found in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties.
- Old Town Art Gallery — This gallery is proud to be Humboldt County’s oldest cooperative gallery. They are a center of activity at all the monthly Arts Alive! events.
- The Morris Graves Museum — Located in Eureka. The home of many remarkable pieces, it is also the home of the Humboldt Arts Council, which has artistic events regularly.
- End of the Trail Native American Museum
- Humboldt County Attractions — Humboldt’s County’s guide to culture and the arts.